"Beautiful skin starts from within."
Yes, it really does matter. What we eat has a direct effect on our skin, and eating a healthy diet full of good fats, antioxidants, vitamin C, collagen, and amino acids can mean the difference between a fresh, glowing complexion and a tired, puffy, wrinkled one. I have mentioned in some of my social media stories that I grew up with really bad acne and that was one of the reasons why I became a licensed skin care therapist & esthetician. I love to help others achieve glowing skin and educate as well as make you feel and look beautiful. I try my best to eat as healthy as possible and eat the right foods. I have times where I like to eat my sweets (hey, I'm human!). For the most part though, I eat foods that will help keep my skin beautiful.
For youthful, radiant skin, try adding the following foods and nutrients to your diet. You’ll love what they do for you! Here is a list of 8 foods for amazing skin.
6. Pumpkin Seeds
7. Chia Seeds
1. Cucumbers are virtually a cure-all. They are full of hydrating enzyme-filled water, and hydration is key for youthful, smooth skin. It also contains vitamins B and C, zinc, iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. And it has anti-inflammatory properties
2. The leaf cabbage is also loaded with minerals, such as magnesium and calcium, that healthy skin needs. The humble cabbage is actually a wonderful beauty food. It’s high in fiber and contains the compound sulforaphane, which promotes anti-aging antioxidant activity in the body. It’s also high in vitamin C.
3. Seaweed is rich in B vitamins and minerals such as iron, which helps with healthy blood flow to contribute to radiant skin. It is also naturally low in sodium(bloating), but high in iodine, to help your thyroid and metabolism function at their peaks.
4. Kale, the sexy, good for you green, is an excellent source of the beauty-boosting vitamins A, C, and E, all of which have potent anti-aging properties and help promote healthy new cell growth.
5. Papaya’s gorgeous orange color is due to its high content of beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body, and acts like a mechanic of on-going skin repair. The enzyme papain is used in all kinds of exfoliating facial masks, but when you eat it, it contributes its cleansing properties to your digestion and promotes both bright skin and eyes.
6. A handful of pumpkin seeds are like taking your B vitamins and biotin, an essential nutrient for strengthening hair, nails, and skin. Pumpkin seeds are also high in minerals, such as zinc, which in deficiency can lead to issues like acne.
7. Chia seeds are an unbelievable source of essential fatty acids that nourish the skin and scalp. Chia seeds also contain skin-saving antioxidants (in the ballpark of blueberries) that fight free-radical damage.
8. Lemon is such an easy and delicious way to add flavor to your food and drinks—from water and tea to salmon and salad. It gives you a boost of vitamin C and its enzymes have also been shown to help rejuvenate liver tissue and help support skin collagen.
If you would like to make a sugaring appointment, or book a complimentary 20-minute skin consultation at Bare Maui Esthetics (located inside the Beehive Lash and Brow Bar) in Lahaina Maui, HI or sign up for a virtual consultation, you can book online at
or call or text 818-515-0478. I look forward to meeting you soon.